Canned Responses (and automated greeting)
When chatting with a series of attendees, it can be a real time-saver to have preconfigured responses and answers to their frequently asked questions. You can also configure an automated greeting that appears to attendees when they first enter a chat session. To navigate to this screen within your dashboard, select Canned responses from your main navigation.
You can create as many canned responses as desired. Use the ADD NEW button shown below to create a new automated response.
There are two nuances to be aware of when adding or editing your canned responses:
- Automatic greeting – You can designate one of your canned responses to automatically be sent to attendees when they first enter a chat session. In the example above, we have a “Welcome” message configured as our automated greeting. (See the example at the top-left of the screen above.)
- Automated tags – There are four tags that you can use as part of your canned responses. When used, the tag is replaced with dynamic content pulled from your profile, the attendee’s profile, etc. These tags are:
- %company – This will be replaced with your company’s name when sent to an attendee
- %first_name – This will be replaced with the attendee’s first name
- %name – This will be replaced with the attendee’s full name, both first and last.
- %myemail – This will be replaced with your email address, as configured in your profile